Miriam accepts major medical and no-fault insurance. She is a network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield and works with discount programs for other insurance companies.
If you have suffered a personal injury in a motor vehicle accident, Article 51 of the Insurance Law (the No-Fault Statute) in New York State requires that the auto insurance carrier to pay for treatments.
To verify you coverage for Acupuncture treatments, please send Miriam the following information and she will inform you of your coverage within 24-48 hours.
If you choose to call your Insurance company to verify Insurance coverage, please ask them the following questions:
- Is Acupuncture a covered benefit within my policy?
If the answer is yes, please continue:
- Is acupuncture covered if performed by a "Licensed Acupuncturist?"
(This is an important question. Some companies only cover acupuncture that is performed by a "Certified acupuncturist." A Certified acupuncturist is a Medical Doctor with Acupuncture training, and not an acupuncturist.)
- Is there coverage for in and out of network?
- How many visits are covered?
a. Is this per year or per diagnosis?
- What is the deductible and has it been met?
- What percentage of treatment is covered?
- What is the Co-pay?
- What diagnoses are covered?
- Where should claims be sent?